Indications for inpatient rehabilitation (if able to move independently within the department and with preserved criticism, as well as the patient's own desire to undergo a course of rehabilitation):
- brain infarcts in the early and late recovery periods, in the period of consequences up to 2 years with the presence of moderate and pronounced motor and speech disorders;
- craniocerebral trauma of severe and moderate severity in the early and late recovery periods, in the period of consequences up to 2 years with moderate and pronounced motor and speech disorders;
- conditions after neurosurgical operations in the early and late recovery period, in the period of consequences up to 2 years with moderate and expressed motor and speech disorders (- benign brain masses; vascular malformations, aneurysms of the brain)
- Inflammatory diseases of the brain with the presence of moderate and pronounced motor and speech disorders;
- Diseases and injuries of the peripheral nervous system with moderate to pronounced movement restrictions due to neurological deficits.
The main goal of our department:
- Restoration of the patient's domestic abilities, i.e., the ability to move around, self-care, and perform simple household chores;
- Restoration of the ability to work, that is, the lost professional skills of the disabled person through the use and development of the functional capabilities of the motor apparatus;
- Prevention of the development of pathological processes that lead to temporary or permanent loss of ability to work, i.e. the implementation of measures of secondary prevention.
- The leading principle in work with patients after stroke is the earliest possible start of rehabilitation measures, their systematic character and complexity for the complete elimination of functional impairments. A multidisciplinary team is created in the department, which makes an individual rehabilitation program for each patient.
To restore the dysfunctional functions, medical rehabilitation after stroke in our department includes the following areas:
- Motor rehabilitation (therapeutic exercise, robotic methods to restore impaired functions, massage, etc.)
- Physical therapy treatment,
- Speech rehabilitation for various types of speech impairment
- Psychological correction.
- Patients are accommodated in four and five-bed wards.
The department has one room of high comfort, in which patients are accommodated on a fee basis.